We provide financial services and take at heart the stewardship towards people as the core of our activity. Therefore, we chose the name Sumus Capital for our Company. “Sumus” means “we are” in Latin. We do not believe in the industrialization of our activity but rather continue to offer traditional tailor-made financial services to all our Clients, on an individual basis, with an emphasis on sophisticated and modern asset classes which deliver the expected performance to our Clients. The relation between the Client and us is fundamental to propose the right and highest service quality.
Sumus Capital was founded in September 2015 with two Clients that we had served for many years prior. Since then, we have expanded our Client base and strongly reinforced our team of specialists.
Sumus Capital caters the following services to its Clients:
- Wealth Management & Family Office Services
- Asset Management
Sumus Capital has 3 guiding principles, which are the cornerstones of how we conduct our business:
Solidity: since its foundation, Sumus Capital could rely on solid in-house capital base. On top of enjoying a solid financial base, it was important for us to show our Clients that our solidity goes beyond our financial base; we are regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority, are members of the SAM (Swiss Association of Wealth Managers) and are being audited by KPMG.
Expertise:Sumus Capital is composed by a team of seasoned financial experts who have had distinguished careers in big financial institutions before joining. These experiences are the cornerstone of our expertise and their combination allows us to structure the Clients’ portfolio in the most efficient way. In addition, we tackle the full range of financial instruments from Fixed Income, Equities, to Non-Traditional Asset Classes.
Transparency: we have three levels of transparency:
(1) vis-à-vis our Clients: Sumus Capital’s policy is not to receive other sources of remuneration than those agreed upon in the Mandate and those derived from promoted, managed or advised products (such as structured products and investment funds - non-exhaustive list) used to make the diversification of the Portfolio more efficient. In particular, the Company negotiates with each Custodian Bank indicated by the Client the best available commissions and tariffs and does not benefit from retrocessions from such Banks on transaction fees, custody fees and all other fees which are paid to the Bank by the Client;
(2) vis-à-vis our partners: we make available our annual report in which we disclose all our numbers;
(3) vis-à-vis our employees: we have no internal hierarchy; all employees know our strategy and are fully integrated in the Company’s life.
Sumus Capital has 4 objectives (in the following order of priorities):
1. Client Satisfaction
2. Employee Happiness
3. Business Profitability
4. Environmental Consciousness
Client Satisfaction: We want happy Clients! There are real human beings on both sides of any transaction. Listening to our Clients’ need is essential to providing an impeccable customer service experience. We are not here to sell or push products but to listen to the Client’s needs and make sure we provide them with sound professional guidance. Generating long-term customer loyalty is our main drive with regards to servicing our Clients.
Employee Happiness: Our main stakeholders are Sumus Capital’s employees. We want our employees to operate and grow in an environment that is professional and pleasant, characterized by employee Integrity, Competence and Friendliness. Having an overall “Team Spirit” is also essential to our culture (“We are”). Also, we like to see all our employees as peers and treated equally. Finally, we want to be perceived by the market as a good employer that attracts new talent.
Business Profitability:Sumus Capital is a Client-value and employee-centric driven business. We are also here to generate income for all our stakeholders with a long-term strategy. We created our Company with a long-term view: long-term solid value creation instead of short-term profitability. We believe the satisfaction of our Clients and employees is the only way to reach this objective.
Environmental consciousness: We believe that Climate Change (and more generally the ESG factors) is the greatest challenge we face as humans. We therefore strive, whenever we can and within our means, to make sure we make a positive impact on our Environment. Our target is to integrate the Environmental respect in a combination of Client interest, Employee’ satisfaction and the Company’s profitability.